Progress Update

Where has the time gone? I can't believe tomorrow is Friday already. I wasn't expecting that refinishing a french door would take me two full days just to sand it. All those little nooks and crannies on the grill areas are a major pain to sand. By the end of day three, I've just put down the first coat of primer on one side of the door. I got a chance to use my new electric sander on the flat part of the door, it was fun! I really hope this door comes out right, because I have about 4 more doors, in various styles, to refinish.


There was an ugly awning over one of the downstairs entry ways that we decided to replace. Well, what do you know, once taken off, we found that the wooden plank behind it had a lot of water damage. So we had to rip it all out and redo it. Everything that the previous owners had done to "improve" the house was done on the cheap and incorrectly. So whenever we take something down, there's inevitably a lot more we needed to do the fix it.



On a happier note, the scaffolding came down, which means that the windows are all up! We still have couple more days before this work week is over. I am hoping that we can start working on the floor joist and subfloor installation in the attic tomorrow. 



Comments

Popular Posts