Painting Update...Buxton Blue

I think the exterior painting on our house is one day away from being completion. That's the good news. The bad news is the that after the garage was primed last week, we discovered huge pieces of paint was peeling off the stucco garage wall. The painting company told us the problem was caused by the lack of primer our garage was painted last time. The paint had nothing to adhere to, so when they put on the primer this time, the paint just got stuck to the new primer and got pulled away from the wall. That is to say the primer/paint was not peeling due to the painting company's lack of prep work last week...OK, so we have to pay extra if we want the problem to be fixed. Hmm. After discussing it with Justin, we gave them the go ahead without first agreeing on a firm price. Big mistake on my part. The owner told me it would cost about $100-150 to get the job done, but when I got the new invoice today sent by the owner's wife, she wants $200. I know that's not a huge increase, but it's more than what was quote to me. This kind of business practice really rubs me the wrong way. We are meeting with the owner to finalize some stuff later today and you bet ya I am going to straighten this out with him. I am very excited to show you some in progress pictures. And sometime this weekend I will hopefully be able to share with you the big reveal and some before and afters!

Yeah, it's pretty bad and that's only the beginning . It was actually kind of addictive and therapeutic to keep peeling that paint off. The guys went back and peeled off all the paint in the front and huge section on the side wall. They primed it again before putting on the finally coat.

On Monday or maybe it was Tuesday, they painted all the trims in Benjamin Moore's Monterey White from their Historical Collection. 

Front view with all the trims painting.

Yesterday they finished the body color in BM's Buxton Blue and accent color in BM's Van Deusen Blue. The accent color is on all the doors and a stripe below the roof line molding all around the house. The plastic wraps on all the windows came off too which was a relief. It was nice to finally be able to see out again and have some connection to the outside world. 

The blue is a little more saturated in real life. Notice Justin's shirt matches the house color, coincidence? I think not. 

Almost at the finish line...

Isn't the house color a little clashy with the red roof? Well, I don't give a $#%@ any more. I can live with it...until we have enough money to replace the shingles in a few years. :)

Comments

  1. The color is much better than it was. Your house looks lighter and happier. The stained glass window really stands out. I think the blues with the light trim were good choices. :)K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, I forgot to add that the red room doesn't look bad. I don't know about real life though. Just be happy you don't HAVE to replace the roof!
    :)K

    ReplyDelete
  3. roof, obviously is what I meant!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts