Garden

It's hard work I tell ya, this gardening stuff. We have been going to plant nurseries every weekend for the last two months spending around $50 each time buying plants, mulch, compost for our yard. We went to the Berkeley Horticultural Nursery for the first time to check out what they have to offer. We were really impressed by the selection at this nursery and will definitely be back. I found couple of ferns for a shady spot in the garden. As a newbie gardener, any plant that I put in the ground is like a science experiment, waiting to see what would happen. It makes me so happy to see plants grow and thrive and I mourn when they don't make it.

I got some nasturtium from my friend's garden and put it in a vase for a few days. I just love the big leaves and orange flowers. 

I planted it in the ground to see what would happen. It's been a week now, haven't died on me yet. 

My rose bush is doing great. It was here when we bought the house. I haven't done a thing to it, not even giving it water. Now that I think about it, I remember giving it some "food" about 2 months ago. This is kind of gross but couple of months ago, someone left a #2 infront of our house on the sidewalk. I was too disgusted to clean it up. My mom was not the least bit bothered by it. She dugged a hole next to the rose bush and buried it there. Fast forward 2 months and the rose bush is blooming like crazy. 

This little guy is called ipomoea tricolor "heavenly blue". It's basically a morning glory. 

I just found out that this a Stylophorum lasiocarpum “Chinese Celandine Poppy” and it's a shade plant. Opps, I have planted it in a sunny spot, but it seems to be doing okay for now. 

This is a sunflower called "big bear". It was very "thirsty" after the first couple of days. It actually keeled over the first night I got it home. I watered it a ton for the next few days and it's much better now. 

On a sadder note, this little guy didn't make it. I think I over water it and it died a slow root rotting death. :(

Comments

  1. Hi Lili - Did you know nasturtium is edible? Both the leaves and the flowers. But the leaves are jalapeno hot....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I read that somewhere...thanks for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts