Yard and Garden

Maybe it's the weather, but I've been obsessed with how and what I want to do to our yard.
I learned about Xeriscaping today. It is landscaping and gardening in ways that reduce or eliminate the need for supplemental water from irrigation.

I have been itching to plant some hydrangeas and hosta plants in the yard. But they will have to wait until our landscape project for next spring. We simply don't have the resources and time to take on another big project right now.

I will share some of my inspirations in the mean time. I want to rip up all the concrete walk way around the house because it's broken up and slanted in several places and too narrow to push a stroller through. I think the red brick pavers look lovely and contrast well with the greenery. As with all our other projects, budget is always tight, so I will have to figure out which is the cheapest when it comes to bricks, stone pavers or stamped concrete.


Curvy brick road adds fluidity and interest to the space. 

I like the circularly placed pavers with grown cover growing in between them. 

Not a single inch is wasted in this lush, small patio garden. 

The colors and textures create a striking yet balanced outdoor space with careful layering of tall and low growing plants. 

I've talked about these woolly pockets before. They look awesome filled with succulents!

Lovely colorful garden adds so much curb appeal. 

I am kind of obsessed with hostas right now. That's the leafy low growing plant with the variegated leaves in the lower left of the photo. 

I am definitely going to have some raised vegetable beds in my garden.


Comments

  1. i think my favorite is the lush patio garden! me want!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need to cross link, my dear. We have perfectly complimentary blogs!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts