Out Door Living

Last Sunday we had our first of many barbecues of this year! We made a quick trip to Ikea on Sunday morning to beat the crowd and bought couple of chairs and a table and an umbrella for the deck. We had gone to a plant sale the day before where I bought four cute little succulents. They are now residing out on the deck along with a pot of succulents from Home Depot and a mint plant I pulled out from the sidewalk and a basil plant from Trader Joe's. I am so happy to see a little patio garden emerging. And the new umbrella is finally providing some much needed shade on the south facing deck that gets unbelievably bright and hot during the day. Now that we have the umbrella set up, I think we could've gone with a large size to provide more shade. Oh well, Mission accomplished!


Justin testing out the seating arrangement.

My little deck garden. 

The grill master hard at work.

Al fresco dining. 
(I can't wait until our new next door neighbor fixes up the house, seen in the background of this photo.) 

Grilled artichokes, some meat and veggie dogs, couple of meatless patties for me and a simple salad with lime juice and olive oil dressing. There is something about eating outdoors that makes everything taste better!


Comments

Popular Posts