Tuesday Morning Vent

I am just really annoyed with one of our neighbors because he's been parking his car on what is technically our property for the last year and a half! During which time he has moved his vehicle maybe three times a the most. The problem with our side street is that there is no sidewalk or curb, so the area on the outside of our fence is still considered private property but with an easement for pedestrians. The van's owner has taken advantage of the fact that there's no street cleaning on this side of the road thus no ticketing to park his vehicle semi-permanently.

Having the van in that spot blocks our view for on coming traffic when we are backing out our car from the garage. One day a few months ago, Justin saw a neighborhood drunk did a numero uno in the space between the van and our fence, yuck! There's always a ton of trash on the outside of the fence and I usually have no problem picking them up. But you couldn't pay me to get in between the fence and the van to clean up the trash, because I am afraid of what I might find there. 

Anyhoo, I called the city's abandoned vehicle hotline couple of weeks ago. Last week, the guy moved his van to the other side of the road, I was ecstatic, thought that maybe he got a warning from the city to move his van. Justin and I joked about how we should plant a tree in his "parking" spot to keep him away for good. But our excitement was short lived. He moved the van back to the same spot two days later. I had a chance to talk to him when he moved the van back last week, but I chickened out and I have regretted since. So now I am wondering if I should leave a note or call the city again. Or, just go over and knock on his door to talk to him in person.


Comments

Popular Posts