A Farewell to the Bad Boy of British Fashion

I am not one to mourn over the passing of celebrities, idolatry is not my cup of tea. But I was genuinely stunned and saddened by the death of fashion designer Alexander McQueen today. Back when I was just starting my study in fashion design, he was one of my favorite designers. I always looked to his work for inspiration and ideas. His collections were always shocking (in a good way), artistically creative, interesting and unique. Although I haven't kept up much with the fashion world in recent years, he's work still garners my attention from time to time. We shall never know what troubled the designer so much that he went to such extreme as taking his own life, but his work and legacy will live on. He will truly be missed...

Comments

Popular Posts