Green Privacy Screen

With spring on its' way, I've been dreaming about a total landscape make over to our garden. The big money sucking project this year is painting the exterior of the house. So our garden will probably be neglected due to lack of funds this year, maybe next year...

Place to visit...Foothill College. There is a bamboo garden with "70 varieties of bamboos and covers an area of two acres". The garden is located in Los Altos, about one hour drive from our house. Will definitely have to check it out.

I am collecting plant inspirations for my garden. I especially like black bamboos. Bamboo is a grass which mean it will grow like a weed and invade every inch of the garden if you are not careful about keeping them in a designated contained area. Black bamboo is a runner, which means extra careful about not letting it "runaway" into the neighbor's yard.

See how our back fence has big gaps, that's where I would like to have some bamboos to add some color and privacy from the neighbors.

I like the gravel ground with round pavers.

Love the bamboos in tank idea.





Different varieties of bamboos in planters.

Not about bamboo although there are some bamboo leaves on the upper part of this photo. I like the square pavers with the grass sprouting in between them. 

Square pavers again, in a staggered pattern. 


Comments

Popular Posts