Small Kitchens

We got the architect drawn floor plans for the house yesterday and it got me thinking about the upstairs kitchen. Here is my amateur drawing of the floor plan that's not to scale, but which the architect's drawing was based on. 
As you can see, the kitchen is going to be long and narrowish. Looking through design to inspire today, I found some beautiful small kitchen designs that I love and think would work well in our kitchen. It's hard to make a decision when there are so many choices. I find it interesting that in each of these kitchens, their national design aesthetics are easily recognizable.

The curtain is from Ikea, we have the same one up in our apartment's bedroom windows. I like the plain wood shelving above the counter. (Scandinavian)


I love everything about this french industrial kitchen with the tall windows. It's unpretentious and practical. (French)


This is a more traditional kitchen with a classy subway tile backsplash. It looks very nice, but feels a little too traditional for my taste. I think I maybe having subway tile fatigue syndrome, after seeing it being used everywhere. (American)


Like I've mentioned in previous posts, I love neutral white palettes. This kitchen is minimal but still feels a bit rustic and the off-white wall color really warms up the room. (British)


This is a very modern and practical Ikea type kitchen, I like the 2" square tile backsplash, I am thinking about using in the bathroom. I like the juxtaposition with the classic elements on the entry way to the right. (Scandinavian)

Comments

Popular Posts