Florida Find...

We did some shopping while visiting family in Florida, the only house related item we bought was a lampshade at Home Goods. We waited until the last minute to try to mail it back, but nothing was open on a Saturday afternoon, we were flying back the next day. The only place open was UPS and we made it there with 5 minutes before closing. The friendly clerk told me not to ship it with them because he has seen lampshades getting crushed in their boxes. Okay, I was surprised by his honesty and decided to find another way to get it home. I was going to take it on the plane with us but it was too big. Thankfully, the next morning Justin's dad agreed to ship it to us when he dropping us off at the airport. The lampshade arrived couple of weeks later, safe and sound in a homemade cardboard box filled with packing peanuts. Oh, thank you so much Larry!

The last time we were in Florida I found a vintage tripod lamp and fell in love with it. We had to ship it home and it sat in storage for a long time before we found a place for it in our new home. I have been looking for a proper lampshade for it for quite a while. I got a plain white Ikea lamp shade in the mean time as a temporary solution. So I was ecstatic when I saw the lampshade in Home Goods in Florida of all places. It was exactly what I had been looking for and I just had to get it. Maybe Florida is not so bad after all. What will I find the next time we visit Florida? 

Here's the lamp with the unremarkable Ikea lampshade. It's a little too white and a tad bit small., but it served its purpose.
The proportion is much better with the new lampshade and it's a natural linen color which I love. 
Close up to show the lovely linen texture of the lampshade.










Comments

Popular Posts