Projects Around The House

I spend a lot of time at home these days taking care of the little dude which means I spend a lot of time noticing things around the house that need to get done. One of the many things is our patio door, more specifically, the venetian blind on the door. The door has its' own problem, but that's for another post. The first blind we put on made the kitchen area too dark due to its' dark wood finish.

I don't have a good picture of the previous blind with the door installed, but you can see in the picture below the color (brown) of the blind.

So we purchased the same blind in natural, it's the Lindmon from Ikea in case you were wondering. The lighter tone of the wood makes such a huge difference.

The only problem now is the length of the blind, it's way too long. After living with it for a few months, I decided I have to do something about it. I've never shortened a venetian blind before, but I knew that it's probably pretty easy task. A little Google search and I was set.

The extra slats are not attractive and the extra weight they added annoyingly bang against the door whenever the door opens.

Unplug the little stopper and untie the cord to take out the slats until desired length is reached. Do the reverse to secure the blind.

Voilà!

I was able to sneak in this little project while Desmond was taking his nap. I felt a great sense of accomplishment. Sometimes it's the little things that matter in life.

Desmond agrees!

Comments

  1. hey i have these same wooden blinds in my apartment.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts