Projects Around The House

For months now, I've been trying to figure out some extra storage solution in the half bath. We need it to put away the extra rolls of toilet paper and anything else that doesn't fit into the space underneath the laundry sink. My original plan was to put up an inexpensive Ikea shelve that we purchased specifically for this purpose. Then I noticed that the Lillangen wall cabinets were on sale at Ikea, so I figured why not, it just be perfect for our half bath. We brought the cabinets home over a month ago. The unassembled cabinets sat in our living room for about two weeks before I found time during one of Desmond's short naps to put one of the cabinets together. Then it took another couple of days before I put the other one together and in my haste, made a glaringly stupid mistake, you'll see in the photo below. Well, I was hoping my dad would help us put them up during one of my parents' weekend visits. Asking for my dad's help turned out to be more trouble than it's worth. He refused to believe that the toggle bolts that we bought to use for these cabinets are right for what we are doing. I told him thanks but no thanks, we'll do the work ourselves. We were able to find a little time one night this week after Desmond went to sleep and before making dinner  to put up the cabinets. Here are the before and afters.

Before

Making sure it's leveled.

This was when Justin pointed out to me that the backs are different colors. I think it was the lack of sleep  that caused me to make the stupid mistake of putting in the wrong side on the right. Opps. Now the question is whether to take it down to fix it. My other idea is to eventually put some pretty wallpaper in there for a little customization. Oh yeah, the left cabinet is longer than the right cabinet, it was on purpose to utilize as much of the wall space as possible.

I love having storage to get organized. And the way the glass doors open up are so cool.

All it needs now is some kind of hanging house plants to go above the cabinet to give the room some life. 

Comments

Popular Posts