Baby Stuff

It's hard to find time to sit down and compose a blog post these day. Desmond takes short naps through out the day. He usually falls asleep in my arms but the minute I set him down in his bed, he wakes up crying. So I just let the little dude stay in my arms and type slowly with one hand when I need to write an email or read my daily dose of design blogs.

My several failed attempts to put Desmond in my Moby Wrap contraption always resulted in him crying bloody murder. My friend had lend me her Native Sling while we were out one day and it worked great. I just purchased one and it's on its way from Canada, it will hopefully free up both of my hands for faster typing.

I've been meaning to talk about my diaper changing station project, but never got around to it until now. During the last few weeks of my pregnancy, I knew the diaper station had to be ready for the little dude when he gets home from the hospital. Being the procrastinator that I am, this project was actually finished the day before I went into labor. That was why I was a week over due I think, because Desmond was waiting for me to get it done before making his appearance...

I got the inspiration from young house love to put the changing pad on my dresser. I was a little worry that the changing pad might be too wide for the dresser, but it's the perfect fit! The dresser was purchased at a garage sale by my mom. She used it for a while until I borrowed it to use in my apartment 6 or 7 years ago. It has a kind of mid-century modern kind of vibe, and I love the dark wood color.

For the shelve I used the Molger wall shelf in 39" from Ikea. It was on sale for less than $10, I couldn't pass it up and it's worked out pretty well so far. I had originally bought a much deeper shelf, but glad I found this one in the bath section of Ikea. 

We were fortunate to saved a lot of money on baby stuff from hand me downs, the diaper pail was one of those things. We love our Dekor diaper pail. 

All I've done to prepare the dresser was put on a coat of Howard's Feed-N-Wax, which took about 5 minutes. 


The little monkey postcard was made by my friend Megan. The portrait of the girl was a thrift store find from long time ago. The table lamp was from Ikea and has been discontinued. 

Here is Desmond enjoying his time on the diaper changing pad. 

Comments

  1. You don't happen to still have that ikea shelf, and are currently not use it by any chance? I have two shelves, but I am trying to find two more to complete the bar area I set up in my living room. The ledge ensures barware stays put.

    Worth a shot I figured. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts