New Gate Part Deux

I am happy to say that we are one giant step closer to finish the fence. The side gate was on its last legs and we just had to get it replaced while it's still barely standing. I got an estimate from a carpenter/contractor that lives in our neighborhood and he quoted me almost $1900 for the side gate plus 20 feet of fence. I really wanted to use the guy, he had nice workmanship judging by the gate/fence he built for his own house. His bid was unfortunately twice as much as the company we used for the front gate. So we signed the contract with Borg Fence and was able to scheduled them to come out two weeks later due to a cancellation on their end. 


I meant to take a before picture of the old fence which was obstructed by three Bottle Brush shrubs but never got around to it. 


I dug up this photo from our last fence project. You can kind of see the fence leaning one way and the gate leaning in the opposite direction.
The workers had already broken down parts of the fence when I got home from dropping the little D at daycare.

The workers constructing the rails for the fence and the gate.
The job took about 5 hours and I am very happy none of my hostas were harmed. 
They wanted an additional $125 for the trellis so I requested to have the posts be left uncut so we can do it ourselves later to save some money.



Comments

Popular Posts