Lawn update...

I've been called in to do some freelance work for the months of June and July. That's why this blog is not seeing much activities lately. 

A quick update on our lawn. It's been a month and a half since we installed it. We watered it diligently for 2 weeks to make sure the grass take root. We finally bought a manual push lawnmower after 4 weeks to give the grass a haircut. The mower is a little hard to push due to the self sharpening blades, but it's done a pretty good job so far. The mower we ended with was the Gilmour RM30 20-Inch Reel Mower with Grass Catcher. There was a really detailed and excellent review of how this mower compared to all the other ones on Amazon that sold me on this particular mower.

There were surprisingly few used mowers for sale on Craigslist so I ordered one from Amazon and saved $50 in shipping and promotion discount. Not a bad deal.
A comparison of pre and post mowed grass. It really does look like the grass was getting a haircut. 
Justin had to mow the grass twice to get it to the desired length. 
Another go at it to trim down the grass.

No comments:

Post a Comment