Countdown to Move-in...

We just gave our 30 day notice at the apartment...but the house is no where near move-in ready, it's vital that we get it done before the end of the month. I can hear the clocking ticking away as we try to make the final dash to the finish line.

My plan to tile the two bathrooms was scrapped in favor of bring in a professional to get it done right and fast. Because none of the fixtures can be put in until the tiles are done. I am so excited to see the tiler at work tomorrow. Maybe I can tile the kitchen backsplash sometime in the future.

As shown in the pictures below, none of the doors or windows have casing in yet. We would like to get them done before we move in, so we got couple of quotes for professionals to come in to get it done. We  were told it would take about three days and cost $2000 in labor and material, that was much more than what we can afford; guess it's gonna be added to our mile long "diy" list. 

I learned some new things recently, such as hardwiring light fixtures! Electrical work has always been such a mystery to me, until now. It's actually quite easy, but I also had an experienced electrician who 
showed me the ropes. 

Kitchen pendants above the breakfast bar.



Kitchen cabinet in progress.

Installing hardware.


Painting the front room. 



Just put the butcher block sealer on the counter today. We are very pleased with the result. 


Comments

Popular Posts