Let There Be Light!

I met with a roofer to talk about closing up the chimney hole in our roof and putting in some ventilation in the attic. While we were at it, I also inquired about put in one, maybe two skylights to better illuminate the space. The tiny fixed window in the front of the attic is not letting in enough light. The roofer was recommended to me by my mom because of he did a good job on her skylight and did it for much less than the other bids she got. The quote he gave me was $1000 not including the purchase price of the skylight(s).  I have no idea if that's a good price or not due to my inexperience. Our meeting also revealed how clueless I was about skylights.

A quick google search came up with a bunch of options that boggles my mind. These are the questions I have to answer before placing the order.

1. Venting or fixed?
2. Plastic or glass?
3. Decked mounted or curbed mounted?
4. Self flashed or separated-flashed for the decked mounted skylight?
5. Traditional rectangular or bubble domed plastic skylight?
6. Skylight dimensions.



Comments

Popular Posts