Story Time


I left work early and skipped class today. Work was slow and the class was dreadfully boring. I got home and immediately curled up on the couch to read "Long Past Stopping" by Oran Canfield. This book is very funny and well written. I can hear Oran's voice as I am reading the book and have caught myself laughing out loud frequently. I met Oran about five years ago through mutual friends and have heard that he has been recovering from drug addiction. So this memoir is an eye opener for me to read about the extend of his addiction and the colorful stories of his childhood. Having dealt with drug addiction myself, this book brings back dark memories of living in the Mission, going to shows, and many a late nights. I certainly don't miss those days, and maybe some day I will be ready to write my own memoir.

On a lighter note, I saw these lights on couple of sites today. I love the way they look, but I am not sure if they are practical with no shades to soften the bare light bulbs. From the L.A. Times, "The New York City architect Matthew Bremer calls it “the bare bulb aesthetic”: fixtures that take cues from old factory lights with wire cages."

These lights come from Ryan Brown's (of Bravo's Flipping Out fame) store website.

These are vintage and reproduction lights from the L.A. Times website.

Home Port's 3-in-1 Roshni lamp

Comments

Popular Posts