Game of Trones

When we first moved into the house we stored the shoes we wear everyday on an old Ikea shoe rack. Then I got rid of the two tiered rack when Desmond started pulling shoes off the rack and putting them in his mouth. For the past year there's always a pile of shoes at the entry way and it drives me nuts.

Who knew that finding the right shoe storage was so hard. I finally made up my mind over the weekend and brought home Ikea's Trones shoe cabinet. I had been going back and forth with the Trones cabinet. On the one hand, I love the compact design because our entry is so small, there's no room for a big bulky thing. But on the other hand I am not crazy about the plastic that it's made of. After a year of not finding the right shoe cabinet, I gave up the search and settled on the Trones.

I had intended to get the Trones in white, but only the red ones were available so I bought the red ones. Although I am still not sure if the red cabinets work with the room. The great thing about Ikea stuff is that they are so DIYfriendly. So if I get sick of looking at the red, I can always get a can of spray paint and give them a face lift. Only took me about 30 minutes to put them up. The shoe free entry looks so much better I wonder why I didn't do this sooner? 

Please ignore the missing base board, that's our next big project. There are usually a lot more shoes strewn about, it's impossible to keep the shoes neatly lined up.
The shoes on the floor are the first things you see when the door opens. 
Another view of the entry way. Not much room to work with. 
Cabinets up and shoes hidden and off the floor!
The cabinets are a perfect fit behind the door.
This is where I've been keeping some of the extra toiletries due to our lack of storage. I am am still planning on making shelves in this narrow space someday for even more storage space.
The Trones cabinets came in a set of 3. Since I could only fit 2 of them behind the front door, the left over cabinet came in the master bath for a little extra storage.
Everything's off the floor and fit perfectly in the cabinet. 

Comments

Popular Posts