The Good, the Bad, and the Beautiful

Ever since this whole house hunting business began, I've been surprised by how supportive both of our families have been. This process has brought me closer to my parents and the rest of my family like never before. I don't know where I would be today without their patience and love. And it's definitely brought Justin and I closer even though we don't always see eye to eye. Being a first time home buyer,  I had to learned so much about the homing buying process. And in the many weekends we spent driving around looking at houses, I've discovered many wonderful and diverse neighborhoods in the East Bay.

I just heard from our realtor that the short sale has not been approved yet and even worse, we are not going to hear anything until the end of January 2010. Well, I can't say that I am surprised judging by how the listing agent has not been the most forthcoming with us about her negotiations with the bank.

We just made another offer on a REO (bank owned) duplex in Berkeley that seems promising. This listing has been active for several months with as many price reductions and we are the only offer at this time. We'll know something by Monday.

Enough rambling, here are some eye candy...


Justin's cousin's gf's elegant dining room make it into a magazine. I love the lightbulb chandelier and open shelving.


Hard to believe that this prefab loft is less than 700sqft, it looks much open and airy. This is called the Aluminium Cottage designed by Japanese architect Toyo Ito.





Comments

Popular Posts