Gardening Bug

This wonderful weather (in the 70s) has me itching to do some gardening. I have already scheduled a tree service company to come trim our three Loquat trees. As much as I hate to cut down trees, the black walnut tree that is stuck in the corner and fighting the giant loquat tree has got to go. These trees were planted too close together, although it's possible that the walnut trees was planted there by a squirrel a long time ago.

I finally got organized and dragged Justin and the baby to Home Depot to get some plants and pots. I had wanted to get the geranium that's on sale but for some reason I thought it was the hydrangeas. So needless to say, I didn't get what I went there for. After a bit of browsing around the indoor plant section, Justin and I fell in love with "Heart-leaf Philodendron". I was surprised by the decent pot choices offered there and picked out couple to bring home with me. 

I have several tiny succulents that were purchased months ago which I have been waiting to find the right pot to put in. I dug up some soil from our garden because I didn't have any potty soil on hand. Time will tell if the soil from the garden will keep the plants alive. hehe...

I also planted a rosemary plant on the sidewalk in front of the house. This is my third attempt to put something in this spot. The first was a lavender, it died from dehydration, as did the second plant, a sunflower. The rosemary doesn't look like much now, and I will have to be more diligent about watering to keep it live. I got around to trimming the shrubs in front of the house too. Justin took out the weed wacker to clean up the weeds that popped up all over after the rain last month. 


This jasmine has wrapped around the Stop sign. I think it looks pretty cool. 

This is the current state of our yard. 

So over grown. But it's kind of pretty, so it can stay for now. I've doing research on what kind of plants will do well under those two walnut trees in the back and provide some privacy at the same time. 










Comments

Popular Posts